Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Color & Draw for kids (best Android apps for kids)
Color & Draw for kids, one of the highest ranked education apps in the Google Store at the time of this writing, allows kids to 1) draw on a blank page (white/black), 2) complete coloring pages, and 3) decorate photos.
The is the best Android drawing/coloring app I have tried to this point, even though it's lacking my favorite tool for young colorers: the "paint bucket" or fill tool that allows them to fill a section with just a touch. Color & Draw for kids features nice narration and the ability to save the images. It has no ads or social media links, but does have in-app purchases for more coloring books.
Color & Draw is a complete artistic solution for kids. As always, NO banner ads. Google Play Editor's Choice and Featured in Google Play 2011.
It invites kids to draw and color. It has coloring pages with recorded voice invitations, custom backgrounds to draw on and more
This version now supports tablets and phones.
NEW in this version:
- 4 new coloring tools.
- the ability to draw on photos.
- new art store with more coloring pages.
Tipitap pushes the limits of traditional coloring apps harnessing the possibilities of the touch screen environments. Color & Draw boasts beautifully crafted, specially designed springboard drawings, voice recorded invitations for all drawing for children to add to or complete the drawings, a lovely color palette, multiple stroke sizes and erasers, and stickers. Kids or their parents can share their creations via email or save them to the device's gallery.
* 4 Drawing Tools: crayons, brushes, pencils and air brush.
* 50 cute and smart, custom illustrations by our professional art department
* Fun, age-appropriate themes: animals, professions and natural settings
* Save drawings to the in-app Art Gallery, your device photo album or share them via email
* 50 custom voice over invitations
* multitouch support
* Real finger painting. Not the classic "the-machine-fills-it-for-you" app engine! Kids develop and improve their fine motor skills and creativity.
* Support for multitouch
* Limited curated color palette. Enough colors choices for a full spectrum of artistic expression yet restricted so kids are not overwhelmed by too many options.
* Multiple eraser options
It is really 3 apps in 1:
1. A drawing and sketching app with white and black backgrounds.
2. A coloring book app with 50 exquisite drawings of fun topics including animals, professions and landscapes. It's an Artistic Springboard where some drawings are "incomplete" so children, guided by voice over instructions, can creatively interact with the drawing.
3. a photo decorator.
Real finger painting!
Digital coloring books can be entertaining, but they can instill passivity in kids. Tap and fill coloring or a paint engine that keeps your strokes within the lines take all the fun and effort and can scarcely be called coloring. This gets boring fast. Apps that only offer blank pages for 'free drawing' can be a little intimidating for the youngest children. And many so-called activity books are too ambiguous or too difficult for little children to decode on their own, leaving them asking: "Dad, what do I draw now?" and "Mom, what am I supposed to do here?"
*** NOTE: You can lockout in-app from the settings menu. There is a child lock to prevent children from buying in app inadvertently****** It's now optimized for the Galaxy Note, Nexus 4, 7, 10, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S3 and many more phones and tablets.
*** Note HD version will be retired soon. This version now works well on both tablets and phones***
Learning fun. Fun learning.