In-app purchases are all the rage now in App World, so it's important for parents to know how to protect themselves from their kids buying $200 in Smurfberries. Here's how you do it on a Google device:
- Open the Google Play Store
- Press the Menu button (sometimes displayed as three dots in the top right corner) and then choose Settings
- Scroll down and under User Controls select Password (or set or Change PIN)
- Enter your password/PIN and click OK.
- Check the box that says Password or Use PIN for purchases.
- Test in an app to ensure it has been set properly.
***Please Note: Once the password has been entered into Google Play, the account is live for 30 minutes following that and therefore subsequent purchases made during that time will not require re-entry of the password. To ensure your account is secure, keep your device out of reach of little fingers for at least 30 minutes following a purchase.***