Given 4.5 stars in a review over at Smart Apps For Kids, Heather bottom lined it this way: A great app for a quality children’s book experience — particularly audio — with the trusted names of Reading Rainbow and LeVar Burton to back it up. The amount of good children’s literature is outstanding, but the need for a monthly subscription may be prohibitive for many.
An on-the-go library of quality books and video field trips for children ages 3 to 9.
Free to try one book of your choice and unlimited reading with subscription for as little as $3.30 a month… curated personally by LeVar Burton.This unlimited reading service offers a trusted library of books customized to your child’s interests, plus exciting video field trips to visit fascinating people and places. New books and videos are added every week.
Children travel to five themed islands, such as Animal Kingdom, Awesome People and Genius Academy, discovering quality Encourage your child to be a Reading Rainbow adventurer with this on-the-go library of more than 300 quality books and video field trips. Unlimited reading… curated personally by LeVar Burton.
FREE to try, the all new Reading Rainbow app encourages children to explore the magic of books by providing an unlimited reading service specifically customized to your child’s interests. Offering quality books, dozens of exciting video field trips, and with a collection that grows every week, the App, like its Television Show predecessor, brings alive the love of reading for your child.
Children begin their adventure by traveling to themed islands, discovering the highest quality fiction and non-fiction books from acclaimed authors and illustrators. Each book comes alive with audio storytelling by spoken word Grammy winner Burton himself, and his hand selected group of professional actors. Books also feature light interactions and activities that encourage engagement with the stories without ever distracting from a books own personal nature and literature.
Similar to the Reading Rainbow television series, video field trips introduce your child to fascinating people and places that connect the stories to the world they live in. With dozens of new segments as well as some beloved classic videos, you and your children can explore our extraordinary world together..
Reading Rainbow is the winner of the Mom’s Choice award, a PC Magazine “Top 100 App” and one of the most popular educational apps
The app is free to try and a subscription service is available offering unlimited access to the library for an introductory price of $7.99 a month or a valued price of $19.99 for six months (less than $3.50 per month).
• Over 300 books and video field trips
• New books and videos added every week
• Easy discovery of books based on your child’s age and interests
• Every book offers both a Read to Me or Read on my Own options
• Delightful interactive activities in every book
• Reward program to motivate reading
• Parent dashboard to share a child’s reading progress
• More themed islands coming soon with content from renowned children’s publishers and brands
How the Reading Rainbow App Works
• All app users may select a single book and view introductory videos for free.
• To subscribe and receive unlimited access to the library, choose either a monthly recurring subscription for $7.99 or a six-month recurring subscription for $19.99.
• Your subscription is for your Kindle account and can be used on other Kindles you own.
• Payments will be charged to your account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your Amazon Kindle account settings for subscriptions.
• Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
PLEASE NOTE: This app lets you purchase digital content using actual money. On Kindle Fire, you can configure parental controls from the device Settings menu, and then selecting Parental Controls. On Android devices, you can configure in-app purchasing parental controls from the settings menu within the Amazon Appstore.