Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Gorilla Band (best Android apps for kids)
Previously reviewed on Smart Apps For Kids and given a 4.5 star rating, Gorilla Band is another great Wasabipro product for your Android device.
Bottom line: A 3D interactive ebook with high production values all around. An engaging story with richly textured animation and great catchy ditties. Prepare yourself for your own little gorillas to be singing these tunes ad nauseum. Great for ages 4-8 (and young at heart too).
First up, you will fall in love with this app because of the Australian narration. There is something so unique about that accent that makes it difficult to emulate. The calming effect of the Australian accent is a wonderful addition to bedtime stories, and the highly engaging characters and storyline will captivate your children and capture their imaginations.
And here is the catch: Gorilla Band is a great way to expose your children to a variety of musical instruments. If they already play an instrument, they may identify with the gorillas who are shirking practice. Gorilla Band may even inspire your children to join a music group, where making music is much more fun because you are making it with others. You will enjoy reading this 3D interactive ebook over and over and over together.
APP DESCRIPTION ON GOOGLE PLAY
""Another interactive tale with a musical theme swings into young readers hearts" - Digital Storytime
"Gorilla Band by Wasabi is just stunning! Teachers With Apps hasn't seen kids this excited about a new app in quite some time!" TeachersWithApps
"Gorilla Band definitely goes to the next level and is playful and fun" - Daniel Donahoo, Core Contributor, GeekDad
Gorilla Band showcases an immersive, 3D jungle-world where cute gorillas learn to play various instruments and serendipitously form a band. Crafted with touch screens in mind, this story invites readers to play an active role, delivering a sensory experience that is deeply engaging, entertaining and educational for early readers. Sure to delight and entertain for hours!
* Dazzling 3D world and effects
* Read myself or Read to me options with text highlighting
* Bonus studio section which helps children identify instruments by sound and name
* Bonus interactions and a myriad of music on every page
* Evocative Aussie bush sound effects
* Calming Australian voice narration
* 2 original songs (1 upbeat and 1 for bedtime)
* A choreographed dance to take the fun into living rooms and classrooms
* Innovative ‘delay interactions’ feature to ensure story comprehension
* Child friendly page turn
* World class standards in family-friendliness
* Watch our video preview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsiFL6SU6r0
* See the Gorilla Band Dance or ‘do the GBD’ here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNQAh_4iGYI
Wasabi Productions is proud to be donating 10% of proceeds from app sales to American not-for-profit VH1 Save The Music Foundation to support the charity’s work in restoring instrumental music education programs in America's public schools, and raising awareness about the importance of music as part of each child's complete education.
Educational benefits aligned with Core Knowledge Curriculum and many Common Core Standards, including
- Development of phonological awareness, recognition of rhyme and text directionality
- Development of emergent literacy
- Practice with fine motor coordination
- Practice with gross motor coordination (Gorilla Band Dance)
- Recognize instruments by sight and sound including guitar, piano, trumpet, flute, violin and drum
- Stimulate imagination
Common Core Standards aligned reading strategies available to download at wasabipro.com
Designed for Pre-K - 2nd grade (2-7 years) to enjoy with their parents, grandparents or teachers.
If you like Gorilla Band, please tell your friends and support us by leaving a review <3 data-blogger-escaped-br="">
- To share feedback or get help with any issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stay up to date with news of promotions and new releases - sign up or visit us at:
- Like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/wasabipro
- Follow us on Twitter @wasabipro
- Add us to your circles on Google+
Privacy: Our apps are 100% family-friendly and do not collect personally identifiable information, contain no in-app purchases or 3rd party advertisements and all external links are protected via a 3-second-hold link.