Monday, September 16, 2013
Music Composition (free Android apps for kids)
When I'm looking for apps for my kids, I always have Bloom's Revised Taxonomy in the back of my mind. There are so many apps available, so I want to be choosing apps that give me the best value for my money. For me, that means an app that allows my children to create, which will not only give them self-expression, but also consolidate their learning. Music Composition does this!
This app shows a single staff (your choice of either treble or bass clef), with a menu of notes, rests and accidentals. It's so much fun for kids to place all of these items randomly on the staff and then hear what it sounds like. There is also a range of instruments to choose from (128!) and time signature, key signature and tempo can all also be changed. Once a composition is finished, it can be saved and exported as both an audio file and an image file. Could be used to create your own ring tones!
Amazon (not yet available)
APP DESCRIPTION ON GOOGLE PLAY
"Compose Music with your phone and tablet. It cannot be any simpler and easy. This Music Composer is an excellent tool for music students, artists and singer song writers.
- Musical notation editor (supports chords)
- Calculates the size of each measure and fills automatically
- Change tempo, clef, key signature, time signature, keys and instruments
- Playable with 128 different instruments (Piano, Organ, Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Violin, Cello, Trumpet, Drum and more)
- Export to printable image file
- Export to playable audio file
This is an initial release version. We will continue improving this application with your support. Please rate us if you like the app :)"