Thursday, October 10, 2013
Endless Alphabet (best Android apps for kids)
This is not just another alphabet app. Monsters scattered throughout the word cards of this app draw your child in to interact with the words. Letters of the word are scattered by a monster stampede and your child needs to put them back in order. As each letter is touched, it animates and makes the sound of the letter as it is dragged into place. Once the word is complete, a definition is given along with a short animation to demonstrate.
External links that are locked in the grown-ups section
go to social media and the developer's website
What's free: words associated with letters A, B, and C
What's not free: words associated with the rest of the letters
FREE ($4.23 IAP)
Endless Alphabet continuously adds words to the app so your child will also increase his/her vocabulary. More than a flashcard app, and more fun than a phonics app, Endless Alphabet will keep your child going back again and again to play with the words.
There are no levels to achieve, and no timed activities. The repetition of the letter sounds make this a very good app for kids with special needs such as Down Syndrome, who need the extra reinforcement to really grasp the subject. The monster characters can also be appealing to older children who are working at a lower level.
Do yourself a favor and download Endless Alphabet today!
APP DESCRIPTION ON GOOGLE PLAY
Set the stage for reading success with this delightfully interactive educational app. Kids will have a blast learning their ABC's and building vocabulary with the adorable monsters in Endless Alphabet. Each word features an interactive puzzle with talking letters and a short animation illustrating the definition. Before you know it, your child will be using words like gargantuan and cooperate! Try it for free today!
- Over 50 words to explore and learn. Please note that this app comes free with 7 word puzzles and animations. A one-time in-app purchase will unlock the rest.
- Delightful animations teach children the definitions of the words in a fun and engaging way.
- Word game teaches children letters.
- Endless Alphabet was designed with your children in mind. There are no high scores, failures, limits or stress. Your child can interact with the app at their own pace.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Be sure to check out these Alphabet apps too!
Play-Doh Create ABCs
Montessori Words and Phonics
Monkey Wordschool Adventure