You may have downloaded apps before to help read the stars, but I am telling you now, THIS is the app you need! If you have not downloaded Star Chart yet, go and do it now! On sale for a third of its regular price, this is the full version of the app that includes all of the in-app purchases available to the free version. There is so much this app can tell you about our night sky. If only I had this app as a kid for all those nights I slept under the stars.
External links to social media and to app support
Star Chart will guide you to view night sky objects such as stars, constellations, meteor showers, satellites and more. It also has various modes including Hubble Photo Viewer, 3D Explore Mode and Augmented Reality. You can set the location for where you are right now using GPS, or input coordinates of your choice to view the sky in other locations. There are even more features and settings which I am still discovering, (of which I will be asking my Astro-Physicist friend what they actually mean) and I will be sharing this with all of my teacher friends as an excellent school camp resource. Do yourself a favor and download it today!
For links to Star Chart on other Android stores, >>CLICK HERE<<
APP DESCRIPTION ON GOOGLE PLAY
*** Massive Summer Sale: save 70% on the regular price this summer! ***
This premium version of the best selling Astronomy and Star Gazing App includes all the in-app upgrades from Star Chart in one package!
You can now have a virtual planetarium in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android device* at the sky and Star Chart Infinite will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart Infinite calculates – in real time - the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart Infinite will tell you all this and more.
Star Chart Infinite includes:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at. *
- Displays all the planets of the solar system, plus the sun and the moon.
- All 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of over 125,000 stars!
- Includes Charles Messier's entire catalogue of 110 exotic deep sky objects.
- Includes the time and location of all the major meteor showers
- Includes the position of all the major satellites of Earth including Hubble & the ISS
- Includes a set of extended solar system objects made up of moons, dwarf planets and large asteroids.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart Infinite displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
So point your Android device at the sky and see what's out there!
Escapist Games will update Star Chart Infinite regularly, so please send us your feedback and features requests - thanks!
*Augmented Reality mode only available if your device supports it, as this feature requires a built-in compass and accelerometer. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
Star Chart Infinite does not require internet access for normal usage. Internet access is only required initially to verify the license and subsequently when accessing the support page and external links.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -